Tanzania FTO Robusta - Kaderes
|Bag Weight||60 KG BAG|
About This Coffee
This is Fair Trade and Organic certified Robusta coffee from Karagwe District in the Bukoba highlands. Bukoba is in north-west of Tanzania next to Lake Victoria and the borders of Uganda and Rwanda.
This coffee is grown by smallholder farmers at altitudes of 1,500 - 1,800masl, with each farmer having an average of 2.3 acres of cultivated land. Most farmers intercrop with maize, beans and fruit trees, providing good biodiversity, soil health and shade canopy for coffee trees. Secondary processing is handled centrally by Kaderes.
Kaderes was founded in 2007, however, dates back to 1997, when it was operating as a non government organization, as "Karagwe Development and Relief Services" with a focus to empower the rural communities and improve their living conditions in the districts of Karagwe and Kyerwa.
Now acting as a coffee export, Kaderes works with more than 27,800 farmers (8,598 of which are Fairtrade/organic certified), organized in 8 cooperatives in the Karagwe and Kyerwa districts. As of 2019, it has expanded to Misenyi, Muleba, and Ngara districts.
- Total Bags In Lot 320
- Status Spot
- Farm Name Kaderes
- Dry Mill Kaderes
- Processing Natural/Dry Processed
- Processing Description When ripe, coffee is selectively handpicked by farmers and their families, carefully sorted and dried on tarpaulins and delivered to the processing factory for curing.
- Bag Type Grain Pro / Ecotact
- Certifications Fair Trade, Fair Trade Organic, Organic
- Plant Species Robusta
- Coffee Grade TZA CR WA
- Growing Altitude 1200-1500m
- Country of Origin Tanzania
- Warehouse The Annex
- On Sale No
- Top Lot No
- CTRM Contract Number P604621-1