How does Olam help ship my coffee?
We work with third parties to fulfill ground shipping and have negotiated shipping rates for destinations in the contiguous United States. Please remember to add any necessary accessorials you may need.
Things to Know
- We use third parties to fulfill ground shipping.
- Rates are per pallet, and each pallet holds up to 1,600 pounds, or approximately 10 -12 bags depending on bag size.
- Although we do not ship your coffee ourselves, please do not hesitate to reach out should something go wrong with your shipment! We will contact the shipping company and work to make it right.
- Please note: You cannot split one order between two warehouses. If you need to order coffee from both the Continental warehouse in New Jersey and The Annex warehouse in California, please create two separate orders, one for the coffee from each warehouse.
- Remember to order accessorials if required (scroll to bottom of page)
- We can ship your coffee using ground freight, with specially negotiated rates.
- You can schedule a warehouse pickup, and specify the pickup date and details in the comments box
- The order deadline to qualify for 1-2 day pick-ups in New Jersey or 3-4 days in California is 11:00 am EST at the Continental (NJ) and at 12:00 pm PT at The Annex (CA)
- Please use the warehouse pickup option if you are using your own trucking company, and let us know you will be doing so in the delivery comments.
Please review any accessorials you may need for your coffee to be delivered. Accessorials are additional services that truckers may need to provide to deliver coffee to your address. When shopping online, please select all that apply during checkout.
Use the Comment Box to tell us additional details about your delivery that are not listed among the accessorials/ add-ons. For example, you can write "Please call 30 minutes prior to delivery." or "Please use the south dock."
- Our special rates are only available with Olam partner carriers.
- When ordering online, choose "Ground Shipping" during checkout and your order will auto update using the rates above.
- For orders outside the contiguous United States, please choose "Custom Shipping" during checkout and we will email you the best rate. Please refer to the rates below if shipping to Canada.
- Please note, we no longer ship online orders to Alaska or Hawaii
- With ground shipping, you will receive tracking and delivery details as soon as they are available
- Orders will ship out or be ready for pickup two business days after the order is placed
Shipping to Canada
Due to current shipping conditions, we are no longer able to offer flat pallet rates to Canada. After you place your order, we will reach out with the best available quote based on your delivery location and pallet weight. We are also happy to release to a carrier you work with, if you would prefer to arrange your own shipping. Please note any delivery requirements in the comments when ordering (see accessorial list below for reference).
Please note that a $60 customs fee will be added to all orders to Canada. If you have your own customs broker, please provide their contact information in the delivery comments when ordering.
- This option is only available when ordering one bag weighing 60kg or less.
- If the above condition is met, we ship to all zones for a flat $99.
Accessorials, Add-On Fees
- Accessorials are additional services that truckers may need to provide to deliver coffee to your address.
- When shopping online, please select all accessorials that apply to your address during checkout.
- You will be charged accessorial fees in addition to the flat rate shipping, however, these are necessary for your coffee to be delivered.
- If you would like us to ship to a freight depot, please use the 'Scheduled Appointment' accessorial add-on in conjunction with ground freight shipping, and let us know in the 'Comments' box that the address is a depot. This accessorrial add-on is necessary as the trucker will have to notify you when the coffee arrives at the depot.
Once you finalize your order, you will receive an order confirmation with details outlining your order.
We will then generate a DO (delivery order) that indicates the warehouse to prepare your coffee for release, whether via shipping or pickup. You will not be able to pickup your coffee without a delivery order.
- Please note: For first time buyers, there will be a delay on your first order as we will need to add you to our systems.
- You will receive tracking and delivery details as soon as they are available from the shipping provider.
Tracking and Delivery - Track Your Shipment
- With ground shipping, you will receive tracking and delivery details as soon as they are available, when a shipping label is generated in the case of FedEx and after the coffee is loaded onto a truck in the case of a pallet.
- As we use third party services for shipping, we will do our best to communicate with the service provider to locate your shipment.