Sulawesi Toraja G1 Organic - Rantekarua Estate (2019 Crop)
|Bag Weight||60 KG BAG|
About This Coffee
This is an organic certified, G1 wet hulled lot from Rantekarua Estate, Bittuang, in the Tana Toraja region of southern Sulawesi.
The farm was originally established by a Dutch company called Van Dijk and was nationalized after independence in 1945. The subsequent decades it became overgrown forest, until 1987 when Kapal Api purchased the land and rehabilitated. The estate encompasses 1200 hectares, 700 of which are planted with coffee.
A full wet-mill equipped with Pinhalense equipment is located on-site and coffee is dried on raised beds under expansive cover. Standard processing includes flotation, pulping, 24 hour fermentation, wash, soak, and 14-21 days drying. In addition to farmed coffee, the estate purchases cherry and wet-parchment from out-growers.
- Cup Score 84.5
- Region Toraja
- Farm Name Rantekarua
- Producer Type Single Estate
- Processing Wet Hulled
- Processing Description Pulp, 24 hr fermentation, wash, soak & 14-21 day drying.
- Bag Type Grain Pro / Ecotact
- Certifications Organic
- Plant Species Arabica
- Variety Catimor, S795, Typica
- Coffee Grade IDN CA WA SUL G1 WH
- Growing Altitude 1500-1700m
- Country of Origin Indonesia
- Warehouse The Annex
- On Sale No
- Top Lot No
- CTRM Contract Number P605040-1