Coffee plantations were introduced to East Timor in 1815 by the Portuguese. However, many of the Timorese communities were displaced during the Indonesian invasion of 1975. Consequently, much land was abandoned and coffee plantations have since grown wild, thriving in the country's rich mountainous environment.This is a fully washed coffee that was cultivated in the Ermera district located in the west-central part of the country. Its capital is Gleno, which is located 30 km to the southwest of the national capital, Dili.This lots comes from the Rural Development Programme IV farmers group that was founded in 2012 and has 673 members. As part of the 10th European Development Fund, the agricultural extension services of Timor-Leste are receiving assistance through cooperation with the Portuguese development agency Camões to improve their organisational capacity, increase agricultural methods and techniques, and improve conflict management skills. The European Union (EU) is co-financing the project.
||The Annex CA
||RDP4 machines supplied to farmer groups
||Outspan Agro Timor- Tibar
||Wet fermentation, sun drying
||Grain Pro / Ecotact